In this Policy, "Personal Data" refers to any data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access, including data in our records as may be updated from time to time, but excludes "business contact information" as defined in the PDPA.
How we collect Personal Data
Generally, the Firm may collect Personal Data in a number of ways/methods, including but not limited to the following:
- when you engage our services and/or provide information or documentation to us;
- when you communicate with us via e-mail, letters, phone, fax, face-to-face meetings, via our Firm website or Facebook page;
- when you submit an employment application to us;
- from information in the public domain and third parties; and
- when you submit your Personal Data to us for any reason whatsoever.
Purposes for which we collect, use and disclose Personal Data
We may collect, use, disclose and process your personal data for purposes arising from the ordinary course of our work and business, such as to:
- provide you with legal and/or other related services;
- respond to, process and/or handle your queries, feedback and suggestions;
- verify your identity, process payments and manage our administrative and business operations;
- comply with applicable laws and regulations, codes of practice or guidelines, policies, procedures, regulatory requirements and/or directions issued by relevant authorities;
- perform internal audit or conflict checks or comply with other internal policies;
- (for employment applications) perform background checks, verify your credentials and obtain employment references;
- provide updates and other communications on developments relating to the law and in respect of our Firm; and
- any other purposes which we notify you of at the time of your personal data is collected from you or disclosed to us.
Who the Firm may disclose your Personal Data to
The Firm may disclose your Personal Data to:
- agents, contractors or third party service providers who provide operational or administrative services (eg. courier services, information technology, telecommunications, payment, payroll processing, training, market research, storage, archival, client support services);
- experts, foreign law firms and/or technical consultants assisting or otherwise involved in your matter;
- our professional advisers including auditors;
- any relevant authorities, including professional regulatory bodies and/or law enforcement agencies, whether local or overseas; and
- any other party to whom you authorise us to disclose your Personal Data.
You further understand, acknowledge and agree that where you have engaged us to carry out any work in any jurisdictions outside Singapore, the transfer of your personal data records to these jurisdictions may be necessary to give effect to your instructions and that you consent to our so transmitting your personal data outside Singapore. Personal data may therefore be exported to, processed and accessed in countries whose laws provide a different level of protection, which may not necessarily be comparable to that provided in Singapore.
Please note that if you refuse or withdraw your consent to the use of your personal data, depending on the nature of your request, we may not be in a position to provide or continue to provide our services to you.
When you visit our website, your IP address, operating system and browser type is automatically logged in our server. We use your IP address for system administration, specifically to analyse and track hits on our website as well as data usage and download, so that we can improve our Website and services. From your IP address, we will know the general geographic area, but not the exact geographic location from which you are accessing our website. We generally do not link your IP address to anything that will enable us to identify you, unless required to do so by applicable laws and regulations.
How to Access and Correct your Personal Data
- would like to withdraw your consent to any use of your personal data; or
- would like to obtain access and make corrections to your personal data records,
please contact our Data Protection Officer at:
24 Raffles Place, #07-02